Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Getting back into shape • Vol 4


6 months ago my day started with driving towards the rising swedish sun. Good freinds waited in Mantorp. We were exited. But faith had a sinister plan for our morning. No more fun and cruising for us that weekend. You know the story if you have followed this blog. All good things come to those who wait. This morning my sleepy toes had barely touched my new heated tile floor at home before the phone rang. My customers know never to call before 9... .30-ish! But the voice in the phone was no customer. It was the panel-beater guy who could tell me that my nightmare was over! The bad dreams of ghia steel in strange contortions would disappear as of today! "Come and collect your car" he said. My first client today was 30 km. away from home so I used the time to call Peter, who has been the driving force in the salvation of devil girl. Peters boss once again payed Peter to drive by the workshop to check out the final steps. Check out the N.O.S. front bumper, new nose badge and glossy fresh paint. But this long distance relationship has to end. I need her by my side now! I will collect her by trailer. Spring will have to come before I can drive again. Yesterday my dad returned from another Japan trip. He brought home a few nice items for my cars from Flat 4, among other things new white turn signals.

9 comments:

Martin said...

Nice to hear that you will be back on the streets with your razor.
Thumps up for your master of steel and paint. Seems to be good work.
Greetings fron Vienna, Martin.

Winther said...

Look great G, nice to see it back in good shape, finaly you will have it back by your side. Do you know when you will go pick it up by the painter store?

Regards

Fat Fingers

marc / lowtech said...

Hi Gustav, great news! she looks almost better than before :-) I wish you luck that she won't need no cosmetic surgery anymore.

My type 34 needs to get to the body shop too. It was hit by a lady in a suv and got a dent all around the left taillight. Looks like it's gonna get a new paintjob... greetings from Lucerne, Marc

Gustav_t said...

These cars are so sweet that people loose control of their vehicles. Thanks for all the support the last 6 months.

G.

spaceman said...

I was there, when the accident happent and I never forget the look on your face and the fact, that you a short while after, was able to forgive the stupid little boy who ran into you on his pocketbike - that was being big and showing what we all know: you're a nice guy.
Even tho you didn't knew back then what was going to happen with the car - so its very nice to see that the car is back in very good shape.
You have REALLY deserved that.
Bjarne

Ps: glad you didn't back down from the VW scene because of this, like you once did with your skating :)

Griebel said...

Aldeles kringeling,Mr.Tipsmark !! :)

Anonymous said...

congrat´s G - hope the sun in the sping off 2008 comes to U and you´r pride... C U on the road

Ole Bugs Herning

Gustav_t said...

Thanks guys • Life goes on • 2007 was the worst year ever. So much good is going to happen in 2008. Next week i´ll do something I've thought about for quite some time (read: YEARS!). Go figure..

Anonymous said...

Oh it´s time for your sexchange....


L