Saturday, July 26, 2008

When the cat is out...




I am left alone for an entire week. Besides cheap pizza, absolutly no vegetables and dirty underwear I have used my newly aquired hermit life to get the last panels grafted into the split. Credit for the middle piece above the engine belongs to Jesper Vang. I showed it ages ago but only got around to fitting it today. The yellow panels are Hookys and the side panels are NOS vw parts given to me courtesy also of mr. Vang. I fitted everything with self-tapping screws before spotwelding everything in one session. The engine compartment of a split beetle is 1,5 cm. smaller than other beetles, which was a bit of a headache.
A comment would be nice (good or bad) - now i finally actually did something..

2 comments:

Winther said...

Hey G

Great to see more progress on the split, looking nice. You're a old school skater boy with a lot of skills

Winther

Gustav_t said...

Better to be half decent at a lot of things than perfect at nothing..

I do need to get some small grinding tools for corners etc. The angle grinder fucks too much up.

G.