Monday, January 08, 2007

Pod cast




I´m trying to finish as many small parts for the 51 as possible right now. My friend Guller helps a lot by media blasting the metal parts on a one day return basis. At his work the coleagues asks if something is wrong if nothing is to be blasted on his lunch break! This week I was kind of confined to the homely quarters, so I brought home the dash pods and took them apart. I had a lot of help from the forum on theSamba.com. These things weren´t exactly made to be taken apart. The original owner had drilled a nasty hole in the clock pod for a switch for a 6V, three tone, air horn! The colors tricked me as one pod was painted different tones multiple times, then covered in black paint and crud. Next up is the gear lever, steering column and E-brake handle.

No comments: