Thursday, November 02, 2006

Hi from across the water





My friend Jon from the UK send me these pictures of his rides. Jon and I met eachother a few years back when Jon was touring Europe in his camper. Jon lived in my driveway for about a week, and we had a lot of laughs. At the time I was building my panelvan, and I envyed Jon that he was able to enjoy life on the road for a couple of months. Sooner or later I will do the same thing in my panel. Jon works as a MOT tester. Here´s what Jon wrote to me.

Hi Gustav,

What a great Blog !!!!! Thanks for the link its been great to see what you have been up to in your crazy VW world and some of the lovely cars.

I still have my VW camper van and have been on a lot of trips this year in the UK but no where else as i am still waiting for that BIG CHEQUE to drop through the letter box !!!!!!! I have bought myself a flat which is great if a little small but it is my own, but it does not have a workshop. I see you have built a new one to store all your toys in !!!!
I also have a 66 type 1 as my daily drive its no show winner more like a mild rat look but it is really solid and very original.

I'm not to hot on the computer but i will try and attach some photos for you to have a look at hope it works.

Take care Jon

No comments: