Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The coolest project I ever saw!


Every summer I go to the local weekly vintage car meet and an old IFA is one of the regulars. What´s a IFA I hear you say. You know Audi? - before it was called audi it was called Auto union. The four rings symbolize four different brands getting merged: Horch, Audi, DKW and Wanderer. The DKW was, as many other western cars of the period, copied on the other side of the Iron curtain. In DDR the car was called IFA. I just stumbled upon this project on a blog. This car will be awesome! Take your time and try to envision what this guy is doing. A distant cousin placed on a type 1 pan. Porsche headlights are a straight swap, wide-5 wheels will look right. I will follow this project closely.

derluftboxers.skynetblogs.be

2 comments:

Old Style said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Old Style said...

thanks for your nice comment @ derluftboxers.skynetblogs.be

nice blog too!!!

Old Style